This website, www.f1fanvoice.com (the “Site”) as well as the official Formula 1 app and all other official Formula 1 digital products (together “Digital Products”) are operated by Formula One Digital Media Limited. Formula One Digital Media Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 08915039 with its registered office being No.2 St. James’s Market, London, SW1Y 4AH, England (“we”, “us” and/or “our”).
You have choices about the data we collect. When asked to provide certain personal information you may decline, but where such is necessary to provide a service or feature, your use of that service or feature may be restricted as a result.
We will hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the relevant purpose.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies – this may collect data about your use of our Digital Products, your device(s) and your location
We will collect and process the following data about you (the “Information”):
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register, subscribe to any service, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, nationality and phone number, and preferences.
• Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and information about your geographic location; and
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Digital Products (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including to provide the Digital Products, to personalise and improve the services we offer, to carry out our obligations, communicate with you, to analyse use of our Digital Products and in other ways that you agree to.
We may share your information with our group companies, law enforcement agencies, service providers, partners, people who operate of take over our Digital Products and third parties that you agree that we can share it with.
We may use your Information:
• to communicate with you (including by post, phone, email and/or mobile messaging), such as to let you know about new features, offerings (including goods and services) on our Digital Products where you have consented for us to do so;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
• for record keeping purposes;
• to administer and provide services you request;
• to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and service we offer;
• to improve the quality of our service and security of our Digital Products;
• to understand you preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
• in connection with targeting/advertising activities;
• to track activity on the Site and our Digital Products;
• in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
• in such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to;
• to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or
• for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
You agree that we will share your Information with:
• carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
• other Formula 1 Companies (including Formula One Management Limited, Formula One World Championship Limited, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited, Formula One Marketing Limited and Formula Motorsport Limited);
• any Formula 1 partner in a manner to which you have expressly consented to (this includes consent by way of opting-in to certain marketing and contact from any of them as part of the registration process) and you agree that such parties can contact you in accordance with such consent;
• anyone who may take over the running of our Digital Products, or any Formula 1 group company or subcontractors who operate a part of our Digital Products on our behalf. Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your Information and comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards; and/or
• any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
We will disclose your Information to third parties:
• to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
• to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
If you are a child who is using our Digital Products or a parent of a child using our Digital Products, there are additional rules
It is important to us that children can enjoy the Site and our Digital Products in a responsible fashion. We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children’s online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
Your child’s privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online, and to helping parents and guardians and their children learn how to exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet.
If you are aged 15 or under, we will require permission from your parent or guardian in order for you to register on our website, unless otherwise stated at the point of registration. If you are required to provide permission from your parent or guardian, you will be asked to supply the name and email address of a parent or guardian to whom a confirmation email will be sent. Your account will only become active once your parent or guardian has clicked on the link within the confirmation email to provide their consent.
We have security protocols in place to protect your Information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such data.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use service providers to help us run our Digital Products (or services available on our Digital Products). If we or our service providers transfer any Information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (under UK law) being in place.
MARKETING AND UNSUBSCRIBING
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA
You have rights to access, correct, delete your information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations. No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may need certain information from you.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. Generally, other than in relation to marketing, our processing of your personal data is in order to allow us to provide you a service, so we will be unable to provide the service to you without processing your personal data
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
We allow you to access, correct and edit your details in the “Account” section of F1 Fan Voice. If you require any further help from us in relation to the above rights, please email email@example.com.
No fee is usually required – You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you – We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We endeavour to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information, however if you wish to lodge a complaint as to how we collect and process your Information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find further details as to how to do this at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Formula One Digital Media Limited (registered in England with company number 08915039, whose registered office is at No.2 St. James’s Market, London, SW1Y 4AH) operates www.f1fanvoice.com (the “Site”) and is part of the Formula 1 group of companies (”Formula 1 Companies”) which have the exclusive right to commercialise the FIA Formula One World Championship in all media.
Access to and use of the Site is provided by Formula One Digital Media Limited (“we”, “us”, and/or “our”) subject to the following terms and conditions. To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using this Site you agree to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with all of these terms and conditions, you must exit this Site now.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
Any subscriptions you purchase from us will be governed by the Subscription Terms, which are available at https://account.formula1.com/#/en/subscription-terms.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online or by emailing you. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the terms and conditions posted on this Site ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. By using this Site after any such changes you agree to comply with, and be bound by, the terms and conditions in force at the time.
We may update and change this Site from time to time in relation to our users’ needs, our business priorities and/or to reflect changes to any product or service offered by us.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of this Site for business and operational reasons (including maintenance, updates, technical improvements or to develop its content and/or presentation).
APPROPRIATE USE OF THE SITE
By entering this online research portal, you agree not to post or submit any item or any links to content that:
1. Is defamatory or discloses any information that the customer has no legal right to disclose, or is otherwise illegal;
2. Is (or contains anything which is) vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, threatening or insulting;
3. Intends to impersonate another person or entity;
4. Contains any form of advertising, promotional materials or any form of commercial activity;
5. Contains any or links to any intentionally false or misleading statements or any statement seeking to unfairly manipulate others;
6. Is an attempt to collect or store data about other members;
7. Is protected by any form of intellectual property whether registered or unregistered or any contractual, statutory and equitable obligations of confidence; or
8. Is or may amount to collusion or activities of a suspicious or criminal nature.
You agree not to submit “spam” and understand that repeated messages or unsolicited advertising will not be tolerated.
You agree to be considerate and tolerant of other members’ opinions, cultures and backgrounds.
Any item that breaks the above terms and conditions will be removed.
By using this online research portal you agree to be bound by the above rules. Anyone found to be in breach of any of the above rules faces removal from the site.
VIRUSES, BUGS AND MALICIOUS USE
We and our suppliers take reasonable precautions to prevent computer viruses and any other items that may damage the operation of computers or property or otherwise engage in computer misuse on the Site but cannot accept any liability for them. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes, hardware, software and platform to access this Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse this Site by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Site, the server on which this Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Site. You must not attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack or doing anything which may affect the functioning of or the ability of any other person to access the Site. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with the relevant authorities in their investigation of such incidents. In the event of such a breach, your right to use this Site will cease immediately.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The material and content provided on this Site is for your personal, non-commercial use only (save where expressly provided) and you agree not for yourself or through or by way of assistance from any third party to distribute, copy, extract or commercially exploit such material or content. You further agree not to reproduce, distribute, perform, display, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from this Site. Except as otherwise indicated, all materials on this Site, including, but not limited to photographs, other images, illustrations, text, video clips and written and other materials contained in this Site are protected by copyrights, database rights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, or used with permission of their owners, by us or our affiliates or associates. This Site as a whole is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. All rights are reserved.
The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, F1 FIA FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP logo, FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX, F1 GRAND PRIX, FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 Company. All rights reserved.
For more information on the use of our trademarks click here.
You may make a copy of this content for your personal non-commercial use only, provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact and you agree not to modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, frame, post, transmit or distribute by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from this Site including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent. No right, title or interest in any material or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else for which it would be unlawful to do so.
To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use or inability to use this Site, or your use or reliance on any content on this Site.
Reasonable skill and care has been used in producing the Site but it is only designed for general information purposes. We do not give any guarantee or warranty that the Site or any content thereon (including data or statistics) is accurate, complete or up-to-date. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on the content of the Site by you, or by anyone who may be informed of the Site’s contents.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Certain sections of the Site are operated by third parties, including: (i) the F1 Store (f1store.formula1.com) operated by Fanatics (International) Limited; (ii) Formula 1 Tickets (tickets.formula1.com) operated by Platinium Group S.A.M; and (iii) F1 Experiences (f1experiences.com) operated by QuintEvents International LLC.
You agree that any dealings you have with such third party operators (including payment for and delivery of products or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, acts or omissions associated with such dealings) shall be on the terms and conditions (if any) of the third party operator and a matter solely between such third party operator and yourself.
We make no representations whatsoever about any other sites that you may access through this Site or that may link to this Site.
Linking to this Site is permitted so long as such use does not create any unauthorised association between the Formula 1 Companies and its brands, and any third party or its products or services and does not damage our brand or image. The name of this Site must be used in such links (i.e. www.formula1.com) but none of our logos may be used.
When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from this Site and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In particular, you agree that any dealings you have with such third party site operators (including payment for and delivery of products or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations, acts or omissions associated with such dealings) shall be on the terms and conditions (if any) of the third party operator and a matter solely between such third party operator and yourself.
In addition, a link to any other website does not mean that we endorse or accept any responsibility whatsoever for the content contained on such website or the use by you of it. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available through any such site or resource.
Regardless of this, you may have statutory and/or consumer rights where you live which apply and your local law may apply in some circumstances